It is no secret that no one wants to fall sick. This is especially true in the workplace when you are surrounded by people day in and day out! A missed day’s work due to a cold is a day’s worth of productivity in the garbage — not to mention the decongestants that haven’t worked in the past three hours. But what’s worse than a cold that can take out not just a day’s productivity, but a week?
The flu is possibly the worst amongst office-spread illnesses even with the use of a commercial cleaning business. The flu virus can last for days on any surface before an employee even shows symptoms. On a given day, up to 7,500 bacteria are sitting on an employee’s keyboard and 10 million more are crawling over the average office desk. In order to keep your employees safe from these illness-causing bacteria, it’s essential that you keep your workspace as clean as possible. Here’s how you can keep the flu from highjacking the productivity of your workplace.
- Set an example. One of the most important things to keeping a clean workplace is by setting an example and being clean as an employer. Make sure your desk space is clear and that you put up signs around the office emphasizing the importance of washing your hands.
- Sanitize the workplace. It isn’t enough to have a clean workspace, you have to make sure your office is sanitized as well. Wipe down desks and keyboards regularly throughout the day to ensure no viruses are alive and well.
- Office carpet cleaning. If there’s a lot of bacteria where you place your hands (desks, chairs, and keyboards), then there’s definitely a lot of bacteria where you place your feet. The carpet of a commercial space can contain a lot of germs in its fibers even it’s vacuumed daily. Have your office carpet cleaned by a professional business cleaning service at least once a year not only to get rid of dangerous germs that could suck the productivity from your employees but also to prolong the life of your carpet. The longer your carpet life, the less you’ll have to spend in the long run.
- Emphasize the need for rest. It’s important to keep your employees safe from germs and bacteria in order to keep them healthy and productive. But in order to keep the illness from sweeping through your workplace like the plague, it’s important to emphasize the need for rest when one of your employees is ill. Make sure they know it’s okay for them to take time off to get better. This not only stimulates a positive work environment, but it also keeps your sick employee from infecting the others.
- Utilize the services of office cleaning companies. Office cleaning companies have the job of keeping your office clean of clutter and debris, which also keeps germs at bay. Additionally, hiring office cleaning companies to professionally clean the office for you not only saves you from lost work time but also guarantees high-quality results.
No one likes to have the flu. And when the flu runs through your office, it’s important to ensure that your workplace is as clean as it can be to get it out of there as soon as possible. To prevent illnesses like the flu from sweeping through your office, make sure your workplace is health-savvy and that you routinely utilize professional cleaning services for a skillful touch.