Paper is important to any business. Every year, Americans use 4 million tons of copy paper, with each office worker using 10,000 sheets annually. Considering the average office worker is estimated to use a sheet of paper every 12 minutes, it is no secret that important information is being documented all the time.
But in order to prevent identity theft, which is a huge problem in today’s society, it is important to invest in secure document destruction services. Document shredding offers a method of protection for both business owners and consumers alike. Here are the top seven benefits of paper shredding for businesses.
1. Document shredding gives both customers and businesses the peace of mind that their important information has been destroyed properly.
2. With a third party service, you don’t have to worry about secure document destruction. Having a company come in will save you the cost of buying expensive paper shredders.
3. Recycling shredded paper is a great way to keep the landfills from filling up sooner than necessary. Considering that almost every American home and business throws out paper on a regular basis, recycling your business’s documents will bring a positive impact to the environment.
4. Shredding documents in a secure location will also keep you compliant with federal regulations.
5. Your clients will grow to trust you knowing that you have their best interests at heart. Giving your clients peace of mind that their important information will not be seen by strangers is crucial to consumer happiness and satisfaction.
6. You limit the risk of criminals obtaining your information. Criminals often dumpster dive and sort through trash to obtain victims’ personal information. In fact, 43% of all security breaches happen through these methods. So when you use document shredding, you will thwart the criminals in their tracks!
7. You can get rid of waste. Hiring a paper shredding service is a great way to get rid of clutter, including old pay stubs and old tax forms.
So what are you waiting for? Get shredding today!